Employment Opportunities in Canada

International students have the opportunity to work part-time to support their living expenses while studying in Canada. The part-time job enables students to gain valuable work experience in Canada. Though the students do not need a work permit for a part-time job, it should be explicitly mentioned in the study permit of the student that he/she is allowed to work part-time in Canada.

Certain courses in Canadian universities offer a co-operative work program to international students. This program lasts for 12-17 weeks allows students to have practical experiences. By doing part-time work, an international student can earn good amount of money.

Students are permitted to work 20 hours per week off-campus and 40 hours during vacation, which approximately enables them to earn handsomely in their free time. International students who have completed their course can have stayed back with an Open Work Permit for up to 3 years.

Enquiry Form