Congratulations on your student visa!!!

What next?

Contact your Edroots International consultant and please do share your visa vignette.

You may qualify for certain exemptions to the quarantine and testing requirements imposed by the Canadian Government.

To be exempt, you must:

  • Be eligible to enter Canada. Click here to find out if you are eligible to enter Canada
  • Have no Covid 19 Symptoms (asymptomatic)
  • Meet the Government of Canada requirements for fully vaccinated travellers
  • Have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of accepted vaccines in the below.


 Accepted vaccines in Canada:

  1. Pfizer (Comirnaty, tozinameran, BNT162b2) – two doses
  2. Moderna (mRNA-1273) – two doses 
  3. AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria, AZD1222, Covishield) – two doses
  4. Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) - single dose
  5. Sinopharm (Beijing) BBIBP-CorV (Vero Cells) - two doses (as of November 30, 2021)
  6. Sinovac (CoronaVac, PiCoVacc) - two does (as of November 30, 2021)
  7. Bharat Biotech (Covaxin, BBV152 A, B, C) - two doses (as of November 30, 2021)
  • Have received your last dose at least 14 days prior to entering Canada 
  • upload your proof of vaccination to the ArriveCAN app which must be in English, French or in a certified translation into English or French.

            Android users click here to download the ArriveCAN app :

            iOS users click here to download the  ArriveCAN app :

  • Meet all other entry requirements including entering your information into the ArriveCAN app prior to departure
  • Come prepared with a suitable back up quarantine plan in place in case the Government of Canada does not grant you quarantine exemption upon arrival.

Every traveller coming into Canada must have a quarantine plan even if fully vaccinated. This is needed just in case you don’t meet the requirements. Not having a quarantine plan may result in you being denied entry to Canada and returned to your country of origin.

Important documents to carry while travelling to Canada

You will require a passport and study permit for entry into Canada. For travel details please go here:

In addition to your government-issued documents, following are the documents you need to carry while travelling:

  • Letter of Acceptance
  • Study Permit Approval Letter
  • Quarantine site contact information, including hotel address, and transportation confirmation from airport to hotel
  • Contact information for your host school
  • Print out of your Quarantine Plan
  • Original Passport 
  • Tuition fee receipt
  • GIC receipt 
  • Enrollment Letter / Travel Support Letter from College/University

All the above documents must be in your carry-on luggage and should be accessible to you at all times.

All the very best for your student life in Canada!