The excellent academic facilities, vibrant campus life, skilled instructors, and high-quality lifestyle makes Australia one of the best overseas higher-education study destinations. The well-planned curriculum that spans across various skills such as critical thinking, creativity, communication and analytical thinking ability attracts international students from all over the world.
Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) implemented by the government of Australia interconnects various schools, colleges, universities and educational institutions in one single national system. This allows flexibility, choice and better career planning for students and easy moving from one study level to another if the visa allows it. And regardless of the course, Australia’s laws promote quality education and protection for international students.
Why Study in Australia?
Australia is one of the leading study abroad education hubs. The educational institutions are renowned for providing quality education and research opportunities. There are over 1,100 higher education institutions spread across the country offering more than 22,000 courses for international students. Here are a few reasons why international students choose Australia as the most preferred study abroad destination.
Globally Recognised Quality Education: Australia has globally ranked universities and colleges. The education system of Australia encompasses of world-leading education institutions, premium training facilities, outstanding lecturers and student support services. The government of Australia carefully regulates the education system of the country to maintain its standard and value.
Extensive Study Options: Educational institutions in Australia offer a wide range of programs for Bachelor, Master and Doctoral degrees. Study in Australia helps the students to gain skills and knowledge at these levels making them ready to work with international employers.
Innovative Teaching Method: Innovative and practical approaches to teaching and learning at Australian universities inspire thought-leading creativity among international students in every discipline. Another appealing aspect of Australian education is that it offers immense scientific research opportunities for international students.
Scholarships: Australian education institutes award several scholarships, grants, and bursaries to international students. Australian government endorses the education system by giving away scholarships to meritorious international students so that they avail education at a lower cost.
Standard of Living: Australia has some of the world-renowned liveable cities. International students can enjoy the benefits of quality of education, healthcare, transport, infrastructure and government services of Australia that are rated well above international averages.
Opportunities to Earn: While studying in Australia, international students can work up to 20 hours per week during the program and full-time during the vacation. This can be a great way to manage their day-to-day living expenses. A dependent who is accompanying a student who is perusing master’s has the right to work full time in Australia.
Culturally Diverse Society: Australia is renowned for its cultural diversity and friendliness. The multicultural society accepts and respects others without any discrimination. The country values individual freedoms, and the rights of citizens and visitors are protected under a transparent legal system.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can apply for three main types of degrees provided by the universities in Australia, ie, Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral Degrees. You can also enroll for double or combined courses which include certificate+ diploma awarding the undergraduate degree and graduate diploma.
You can opt for any course of your choice. The Australian universities offer a wide range of courses and most popular courses include Agriculture, Health Science, Administration & Law, Environmental Science, Engineering, Hospitality & Tourism, Humanities, Education, Mathematics & Computing, Science, Visual & Performing Arts, Communications, Information Technology, Social Studies, Medicine, Nursing, and much more.
To study in Australia the candidate should meet the academic entry requirement and English language requirement. For undergraduate degree programmes, the eligibility is 12th with a minimum IELTS score of 6.5. A Master's degree requires a bachelor's degree with a minimum IELTS score of 6.
You need to have a minimum score of 6.5 overall in IELTS for postgraduate and 6.0 overall for undergraduate options.
English Language Test is the one common parameter that you need to study in Australia and International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the most preferred test accepted by universities in Australia. Other English language proficiency tests accepted by the Australian institutions are the Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL), Test of English as a Foreign language (TOEFL), and Occupational English Test (OET). Before taking a decision, check with your agency.
Many scholarships and grants are offered by the Australian Government, education institutions, and other public and private organisations to support students. If you are eligible, you can apply for the scholarship.
Yes, you are eligible to work up to 40 hours every two weeks while you are studying and you can have unlimited hours of work during vacation. You will have the same rights and protections at work, regardless of citizenship or student status.
As an international student in Australia, it is mandatory to have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the entire duration of your study in Australia.
Receiving an Australian student visa usually depends upon the application and the documents submitted. But most of the time students’ visas are processed in 2 weeks.
Dependent is accepted at the post-graduate level and he can work full time.
An average international student in Australia spends about AUD 600-2000 per month for their monthly living expense based on the location they stay and lifestyle.
Yes, you are eligible for a stay back visa, but under the condition that you need to successfully complete the course. Depending on the course level, an international student can stay in Australia for 18 months to four years after his studies.
Australian universities offer internationally recognized qualifications in a plethora of streams. At least seven to ten universities from the countries have always been in among the top 100 universities around the globe. The stream to choose would depend on the student’s career choices, passion, and skills.
The educational qualification and other requirements to study in Australia would depend on the course one chooses. This can vary according to the universities as well. A majority of the universities ask for a minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS for admissions to post-graduation courses.
The documents required for a student visa include proof of enrolment, proof of English language proficiency, a passport, proof of no criminal offence, and a statement indicating the availability of funds to support the course in Australia.
A grade above the stipulated range in IELTS or any other English proficiency test is mandatory to pursue education in Australia.
The accommodation options available for international students in Australia include on-campus dormitories and cabins, as well as, accommodation outside the campus. The arrangement for stay can be considered based on the availability of accommodation and the budget the student has. The student can get accommodation at the on-campus hostels if applied in advance. Option to share off-campus accommodation with other students, paying guest facilities, etc are also available.
What Our Students Say
Edroots International offers you wonderful opportunities to study in Australia. Choose the best educational institutions that provide courses in the stream of your choice. We have been the leading Australia study abroad consultants since 2007, providing the best educational opportunities to aspiring students.
Australia has always been one of the top destinations for international students. Vibrant campuses with the opportunity to polish skills and talent, an innovatively designed education system, renowned teachers, a world-class lifestyle, and extensive growth prospects make studying in Australia a highly preferable option.
The Government of Australia has a responsible approach towards both domestic and international students. Given that each student is tomorrow’s citizen, the education system in the country has been designed to instil the best traits in them. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) instituted by the education department of the government interconnects all the approved education institutions around the country.
The AQF makes study in Australia superior in class, quality, and performance. As a leading Australia study abroad consultant, we have been closely monitoring the changes in the country's education sector.The country has been determined to provide quality education.
Study in Australia to get acclaimed qualifications and earn a prospective career.
Education System in Australia
Education is the bridge that leads to a successful life. It is essential to choose a recognised institution for pursuing professional and other courses. For that matter, the name of the educational institution, from where one acquired the qualification, also matters during the job hunt.
You are halfway to success if you are able to gain admission to a renowned college or university, that has high acceptance rates everywhere. To gain admission to an elite university or college in Australia, you must work with a reputable Australia study abroad consultant, such as Edroots International.
Let’s see what makes Australia the right choice for education abroad.
- A Plethora of Course Options – The lack of availability of seats and non-availability of specific education streams are what force students to go overseas. Studying in Australia is definitely an intelligent choice with the country offering 22000+ courses available in more than 1100 institutions scattered across the country.
- Acclaimed Education System – Australian education system has an undisputed place in the global education scenario. the quality of coaching, the curriculum followed, and the state-of-the-art infrastructure at the institutions. Monitored by a panel of experts, the system undergoes constant modifications to incorporate the advancements happening across the globe. Regulated by the Australian government, the education system remains one of the most futuristic in many ways.
- Acclaimed Pedagogical Standards – The teaching methodology combines practical and theoretical elements quite efficiently. With the classes designed this way, the students would be able to grasp the crux of the concepts. They will have an edge over others when subjected to competition. Assuring those studying in Australia a phenomenal growth prospect, with high-paying careers at the location of their choice. With international organizations and multinational companies recognizing the Australian qualification as one of the best, the candidate can have an upper hand over others.
- Scholarships and Grants to Fund Your Course – Scholarships and grants available from government bodies and NGOs can fund education in the country. Consequently, those with a limited budget can also pursue study in Australia without any major financial concerns. Australia study abroad consultants like ours can help you obtain grants and scholarships if you meet the eligibility criteria. Even if it is not possible to get the scholarship/grant approved, students with budgetary constraints can opt for courses with low course fees to control their expenses.
- Standard of Life and Options to Grow – The safe, serene, and advanced Australian cities would present the student with a high standard of living. Having an optimistic outlook about the world, the living would impart a positive attitude into the minds of the students. This is one of several aspects that attributed to the acceptance of the Australian way of life globally. Get a chance to enter a positive environment that will open up ways for growth. Study in Australia and be a winner in life.
- Earn While You Study – The extant policies allow international students to earn while they are undergoing courses in Australia. Students are permitted to work up to 20 hours per week during the course period and full-time during vacations, allowing them to earn money while also finding funds for their education and supporting their parents.Furthermore, students pursuing Master's Degree programmes in Australia may bring a dependent with them.The dependent is permitted to work full-time during his or her stay in the country. Consult us, Australia study abroad consultants, to know more about this feature.
Learn, grow, and achieve with study in Australia. Connect with us to know more about this.
What Choose Edroots to Study in Australia?
Since 2007, we have been one of the most trusted Australian study abroad consultants. By helping aspiring students obtain admission to the course and college of their choice, we earned the credibility we have today. Our team extends optimal support and comprehensive guidance throughout the study in Australia.
Commitment towards the students is what makes us the best Australia study abroad consultants. We offer:
- Admissions to the top educational institutions in Australia
- Career guidance, counselling and proper support throughout
- Meticulous documentation and application process to avoid anomalies that can lead to rejections
- Knowledgeable team with experts having extensive experience
For admissions to the elite colleges and universities in Australia, reach out to us today.