Hospitality management is one such sector that is high in demand and has a lot of possibilities for an exquisite career. The hospitality industry never goes out of place and in turn is a successful industry with an innate scope for growth. People who aspire to work in the hospitality industry need to know more about the behaviours and certain etiquette that have to be followed to keep up with the professionalism demanded by the field of work. According to the British Hospitality Association, the Hospitality sector is the third largest in providing employment opportunities to aspiring professionals. This makes it the most exciting destination for studying hospitality management and the lucrative career prospects after.
The degree in Hospitality Management gives the students a strong foundation in Economics, Financial Accounting, Food and Beverage Management, Marketing, Ethics in Business, and Hotel and Lodging Management.
There are several advantages of taking up Hospitality Management as a career option:
The aspirants are able to choose from varied environments to work with. They are able to choose a fast-paced environment like a hotel within the city limits or a very laid-back location like a resort on the outskirts.
The students who take up hospitality management courses have the benefit of working in productive work environments which could bring scalability to their careers. The hotels have internal examinations and processes which aid in the growth of their prospective career.
There are a lot of perks when it comes to choosing a career in hospitality management. The monetary prospects of taking up a career in hospitality are very high. The pay in hospitality management is pretty high. You also get additional benefits like paid vacation and employee discounts on the company’s hotel outlets.
Career growth is pretty evident in the hospitality industry. Most hotels promote their existing employees because they have better knowledge of the working of the hotel.
There are different courses in hospitality management that can be used for other career prospects as well. Taking up several subjects can also make the course interesting and broaden your skill set.
Obtaining a job under the hospitality management course is easy because the course gives in-house training and internships which can be converted into permanent positions after the completion of the course.
Why should you opt for a course in hospitality management in the UK?
The reason why students choose the UK for pursuing the hospitality management course is that:
The degrees you obtain from recognized UK universities in hospitality management courses are valid worldwide and help you with a wide variety of professional prospects.
The living expenses in the UK are comparatively lesser when compared to other countries. Every course in the UK has a maximum of three years which makes it even easier to save expenses.
The different job opportunities that can be acquired after completing a hospitality management course:
- Operations Manager
- Event planner or organizer
- Facility management
- Hotel or Hospitality Managers
- Food and beverage director
- Meeting, Convention, and Event Planners
- Director of Resort Facilities
- Manager Head of Food and Beverage
- Revenue Manager
- Sales/Management of Conventions Corporate Hospitality/Tourism
- Restaurant Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Corporate Controller
- Operations and Planning Analyst
- Director of Guest Services
- Banquet Manager
- Director of Operations Management
Entry requirements to get into UK universities:
- The qualifications that are required for entry into the hospitality management course depends on the programme chosen, the academic level, and on the university to which you are applying.
- The student must be at least 18 years of age as the minimum requirement.
Most of the academic programs in the UK expect students to apply through a student route visa.
Documents required for applying for the student visa application:
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies or CAS reference number
- Valid Passport (original)
- Visa Fee
- Original Academic Documents
- Language requirement test scores like IELTS, if applicable
- Bank Statements that show the source of funds to meet the academic and living expenses.
- Work experience certificate, if applicable.
- Medical certificate ( Chest X-Ray)
There might be additional requirements depending upon the university the student chooses.
Edroots is one of the premium educational consultancies which provide guidance and in-depth understanding to all the students who see their future in the hospitality management industry. To know more about the universities and other requirements, get a personal consultation with the efficient academic counsellors of Edroots.